Digital transformation is very much need of present time. But an organization needs to calculate the implementation risk of the digital transformation before embarking on it. A few recent surveys reveal that 95% of the organization is unprepared for the new digital reality of work. While they realize the need to optimize their existing infrastructure to take advantage of digital opportunities, they are not sure how to go about the process, what to prioritize, and how to manage the paradigm shift. A true digitalization needs to automate the process and enable anytime, anywhere access to real-time insights.
Having said that there is no one-size-fits-all or fail-proof approach to it. For an organization embarking to adopt have to envision his future managing employees as well as a smooth transitional shift. Every organization is heterogeneous as far as the needs, capabilities and skill sets are concerned. How then one theory of transformation will satisfy the requirement of the organization. An organization has to introspect or ask his Digital Marketing Service provider satisfying few questions before transforming or may avail
Best process of digital transformation: An organization has to prioritize in terms of cost, safety, customer experience or anything that provide it greater ROI. Accordingly will decide the digitalization process that cut costs, improve safety or customer satisfaction. The main idea is to focus on the business aspect of Digital Transformation.
Best optimization of the infrastructure and device: Organization has to optimize the technological aspect of prevailing infrastructure and device. The company may leverage the existing setup or may opt of new devices and infrastructure to best optimize the business requirement. In any case, it may have a balanced coordination between the legacy of existing devices and the emerging technologies.
Reasons for digital transformation implementation
Some of the reasons digital transformation fails:
- Improper alignment of the digital strategy with the vision of the organization
- Communication lapses across the organization
- Improper feasibility analysis
- Inaccurate analysis and understanding of the actual business flow
- Mistakes in choosing the right technology.
- Implementation there are integration issues
Best practices for successful implementation
Considering the few above-mentioned cons an organization has to adopt the best practices to follow for successful implementation:
- Understand the business need for digitalization for your business. A thoughtful strategy and benefits need to be drafted before implementation.
- Focus on the areas of priority.
- Comprehensive evaluation of the aftermath of the transformation.
- Organize demos and workshops on a regular basis to accomplish the transformation.
- To help employees experiencing with the latest technology.
- Provide the best user experience to customers to comprehend the new applications.
Impact on organizations after successful implementation
Of course the industries those are concerned for Digital transformation across their businesses there are a remarkable growth and improvement in areas of customer engagement, employee satisfaction, hygiene and safety. In any case, post-implementation you are not satisfied with the results to change your Digital Marketing Service provider.
~ Mukund Kumar